To qualify for a Help to Buy: ISA you must:
- be 16 or over
- have a valid National Insurance number
- be a UK resident
- be a first time buyer, and not own a property anywhere in the world
- not have another active cash ISA in the same tax year: If you have opened a cash ISA this tax year, you can open a Help to Buy: ISA but will have to take additional steps. See the FAQ for more detail.
To qualify for the government bonus, the property you are buying must:
- be in the UK
- have a purchase price of up to £250,000 (or up to £450,000 in London)
- be the only home you will own
- be where you intend on living
- be purchased with a mortgage
You can use the Help to Buy: ISA with other government schemes, including the Help to Buy: Equity Loan scheme and Shared Ownership.
Visit Own your home for information on more government schemes.